COACHING CHANGE & COUNSELLING
Counselling and coaching supports people through change, growth, and healing:
- Work Related Issues (Career, Performance, Staff Management)
- Study Issues (Adjustment, Motivation, Resilience) Relationships (Couple, Family, Social, Work)
- Behavioural Concerns (Distress, Grief, Anxiety, Depression)
- Life Choices (Identity, Career, Spiritual)
- Stressful Circumstances (Health, Bereavement, Break-ups, Relocations)
- Leadership Development (Based on Leading With Passion)
The initial session is two hours followed by one-hour sessions as requested. All sessions include coaching notes. Fees set by the Australian Association of Social Work. Special rate for PhD students and their supervisors
- “As a coach, Sherene excels at creating a setting of trust in which the self-reflection, awareness and courage required for personal and professional development can flourish. Sherene’s coaching style is compassionate, intuitive and generous in sharing practical wisdom. It is also firmly grounded in extensive research into individual and organisational change management, and long experience in teaching, counselling and coaching.
All good guides can point out a road; Sherene belongs to that rare class of mentors who help us to understand more profoundly how and why we travel. I certainly feel that Sherene’s coaching has equipped me with greater insight and resilience, and has augmented the set of skills I continue to draw on daily as a leader and manager. I would recommend Sherene’s coaching without hesitation to anyone negotiating complex change or looking to step beyond habit and to thrive confidently in their personal or professional life.”
Director, a Community Arts Organisation, Canberra
- Sherene generously shares her knowledge, experience and wisdom during our coaching sessions. I find her coaching is energizing, challenging and restorative. Absolutely essential to my performance in my role and wellbeing.
Counselor, a Legal Organisation, Canberra
- COTA ACT is extremely grateful for the work Dr. Suchy put into Age Doesn’t Matter: Guidebook for the (55+) Working Journey. We’re using it as an integral part of a pilot program providing support to mature-aged job seekers and we think it will be a really practical and useful tool for older people who’ve maybe been out of the workforce for a while. The personal stories of older people who’ve managed to achieve employment success is a feature we think will really appeal.
Policy Manager, COTA ACT, Canberra
This practical workshop defines resilience based on grounded research and introduces the Resilience Triangle described by Dr. Sherene Suchy in her book In Balance. Participants gain an insight into:
- The stuff of life that knocks people out of balance.
- Navigating to and negotiating for resources to regain balance.
- Life style medicine to return the body to its natural state of balance and vitality.
The workshop uses In Balance: Workbook on Resilience & Wellbeing by Dr. Suchy. Available as a two-hour introductory seminar (self-help) or one-day workshop with 21-day follow-up (change management program).
“I just want to say again how much I enjoyed and valued the workshop, and I am sure others did too. I found the presentation to be the “PERFECT BALANCE” between a highly organised and efficiently run workshop and a holistic, creative and dynamically delivered series of materials and ideas. Really refreshing!”
A. Sharma – Canberra Institute of Technology
Family Memory Making: Matching Stories to Heirlooms
This one day workshop was designed as a service for families managing changes such as down-sizing for retirement, estate planning, and preserving family memories for the next generation. Participants learn how to:
- Use reminiscence and oral history to capture stories about special heirlooms.
- Establish provenance with stories and support documents for the family / museums.
- Consider the possibility of a museum donation if an heirloom has cultural significance.
Return to Top